50 Fascinating Philanthropy Statistics
by Karen Perry-Weinstat
Blackbaud launched a new website compiling 50 of the most up-to-date statistics from the nonprofit sector, including data on giving, fundraising tactics, donor characteristics, platform and device information.
Here are a few salient facts:
• 72% of charitable giving comes from individuals
• 15% of charitable giving comes from foundations
• 5% of charitable giving comes from corporations
• 31% of charitable giving is faith-based
• 68% of nonprofit appeals require three or more clicks to make a donaton
• 73% of nonprofit appeals do not offer a “share” option after an online donation
Click here to view 50 Fascinating Philanthropy Statistics.